Warning: simplexml_load_file(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /home/fiftysha/public_html/howtofindtherightcareer.com/wp-content/plugins/Auto-Tube-Pro/ATP_plugin.php on line 276
Warning: simplexml_load_file(http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/videos?q=Useful+Job+and+Internship+Resources&client=ytapi-youtube-search&v=2): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/fiftysha/public_html/howtofindtherightcareer.com/wp-content/plugins/Auto-Tube-Pro/ATP_plugin.php on line 276
Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/videos?q=Useful+Job+and+Internship+Resources&client=ytapi-youtube-search&v=2" in /home/fiftysha/public_html/howtofindtherightcareer.com/wp-content/plugins/Auto-Tube-Pro/ATP_plugin.php on line 276
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fiftysha/public_html/howtofindtherightcareer.com/wp-content/plugins/Auto-Tube-Pro/ATP_plugin.php on line 281
Useful Job and Internship Resources
For millions of others, life has become orders of magnitude harder. It’s harder to get a house, harder to fund a college education and harder to find a job. Because today’s job market is as cutthroat as ever, a job seeker needs to use the best available tools at their disposal to come out ahead.
The thought of finding a job in the current economy can be daunting or downright intimidating whether you’re a student fresh out of school looking for an internship or entry-level position or a person nearing retirement age trying to convince an employer you’re worth hiring.
The goal of this post is to take the scariness out of starting your job search and to equip you with the best tools the internet has to offer to help you stand out from the crowd and crush the competition.
Included in this post are the best job resources I could find to help you stay on top of and organize your job search, polish and spice-up your resume (infographics, anyone?) and use your social network to find a job and upgrade your career.
We’ve also included the best job listing and search engine sites and have also listed some tech-specific job listing sites in the specialty job listings section below.
During the research phase of putting this post together, I stumbled upon some excellent looking tools for HR professionals such as applicant tracking and recruitment software. As always, if I’ve missed anything good, leave me a comment to let me know and happy job hunting.
Climbur delivers exclusive big ideas and creativity to your inbox from the world’s top innovators every Monday.
Random and Cool
- Apply App.ly – Job searching made personal.
- BrandYourself – Personal branding. Control your Google results.
- Recmnd.me – Let your coworkers easily recommend you.
- JobTitled – Knowledge for career decisions.
- JobPoacher – I’m brilliant and I want something better…
- Job Aware – Smart job search app for iPhone.
- Kareer.me – Job search and multimedia resume tools.
- GetHired – Have employers compete to hire you.
- 40ForHire – Matching experience with opportunity.
Job Search Organization Tools
- Jobspeaker – Manage your job search.
- StartWire – All your applications in one spot. Track your progress and activity.
- JobMango – Easy job tracking. Get organized, get hired.
- JobKatch – Track progress and keep organized during your job search.
- Huntsy – Bookmark jobs and organize your search on a single dashboard.
- JobPad – Application tracking, log, organizer and resources.
- My Jobs – A job search app for iPhone.
- 44score – Job seeker work search log.
- Resunate – Smart online resume builder. Score your resume against your dream job.
- Resumebaking – A resume builder that’s as easy as pie.
- Spark Hire – Use innovative video features to search, apply and interview for jobs.
- DoYouBuzz – The next-generation online resume (interactive with multimedia content).
- Resumesimo – Just 10 minutes away from your perfect resume.
- CareerScribe – Go beyond a boring resume. Own your story.
- TruYuu – Resume help and job match. Free membership includes a TruMee infographic.
- JobSpice – Create a resume in 15 minutes.
- SnapPages – Create a free resume website.
- Labels.io – Tired of applying for jobs? Create a free profile and and they’ll do it for you.
- RezScore – How does your resume score? Find our for free.
- Praux – Your best resume realized.
- VisualCV – Get a better resume, online.
- Resume Companion – The resume builder that does the writing for you.
- Resumer – Create and share your resume online.
- ResumeBucket – Resume storage, templates and job search.
- ZeeVitae – Employers can search for an find your CV resume and contact you directly.
- FirstDialog – Be seen, be heard, be hired.
- Ypick.Me – Build an interactive online resume.
- Re.vu – A visual resume tool.
- ResumUP.com – Go visual–get visible.
- vizualize.me – Visualize your resume in one click.
- Vizify TweetSheet – Your Twitter activity as an instant infographic.
- CVgram – Share your unique skills in a trendy visualization and stand out from the crowd.
- Kinzaa – Build your own infographic resume.
- Biogrify – Create a fun visual snapshot of your life.
- Jobing – Search local jobs, find local employers, connect with local people.
- Snagajob – The dream begins with the right job.
- Simply Hired – Job search made simple.
- Monster – Build a better career and find your calling.
- US.jobs – National Labor Exchange.
- Job.com – Gear for your career.
- Indeed – One search, all jobs.
- LinkUp – Jobs direct from companies. Always current, often unadvertised, never fake.
- CareerBuilder.com – Job and job search advice, employment and careers.
- TweetMyJobs – Have job matches delivered by email, mobile or Twitter.
- Careerjet.com – Jobs and employment in the USA.
- FlipDog – Find local jobs and employment listings.
- Jobster – Daily job posts and job alerts.
- JobsRadar.com – Find jobs. Showcase your resume. Get hired.
- JobKaster – Location-based job search.
Specialty Job Listings
- Work for Pie – For coders. Forget resumes–build a showcase of your work instead.
- Dice – Job search for technology professionals.
- Authentic Jobs – Full-time and freelance jobs for creative professionals.
- DoNanza – Next-level freelance job search and tools.
- Coderwall – Establish your geek cred.
- Interviewstreet Codesprints – Coding contests; streamlining the job hunt for programmers.
- FINS – Finance, technology, sales and marketing jobs.
- CrunchBoard – Tech, startup and engineering jobs.
- HeadHunter – Find management and executive-level jobs.
- GroupTalent – Connect with well-paid development projects.
- WetFeet – Making your job search as painless as possible. Career guides and more.
- Vault – Career intelligence. Job search, career information and company profiles.
- The Ladders – Comprehensive job-matching service for career-driven professionals.
- Glassdoor – An inside look at jobs and companies.
- PayScale – Salary compensation information.
- iPersonic Career Test – Free career personality test that takes less than 5 minutes.
- JobSense – Career information, tips, advice and answers.
- AIE’s Find a Career – Explore your options, get resume and interview tips and more.
- Find a Career – Student resources for finding and choosing a career.
Social Networking Tools for Job Hunters
- LinkedIn – Business oriented social networking.
- BranchOut – Career networking on Facebook.
- PROskore – Online business network that measures professional reputation.
- Identified – Find out how in-demand you are right now.
- Jobfox – Make connections, get hired.
- Viadeo – Your network is more powerful than you think.
- Brazen Careerist – Where young professionals connect and grow.
Internships, Entry-Level & Part-Time Jobs
- InternMatch – Find an internship (including paid internships).
- TalentEgg – It’s time to hatch your career.
- Internships.com – Hired education.
- Readyforce – Students can connect with companies that match their interests.
- YouTern – Startup internship opportunities.
- Care.com – Find babysitting, nanny, pet, house and senior care jobs.
- Pocket.Jobs – Easily connect with friends to post and pick up jobs.
- AfterCollege – Entry-level jobs and internships.
- Prizes.org – Get paid to design logos, think up business names and slogans and more.
- HireAHelper.com – Part-time and full-time labor and moving jobs.
- StartUpHire – Use your energy and determination to build something great.
- VentureLoop – Search jobs by venture-backed companies.
- Startuply – Startup jobs.
- StartUpers – Work in a startup.
- Work In Startups – Where startups meet rockstar employees.
- Startup Jobs – Where employers pitch the talent.
- StartupZone – Startup jobs in Silicon Valley.
- CoNotes – Startup jobs for startup people.
- NeoHire – Startup job openings.
- College2Startup – Work at your dream startup.
Bonus: Tools for HR Professionals
- Unrabble – Free hiring software that saves you time and money.
- Resume Tracker – Simple applicant tracker software for small business.
- SocialCheck.me – Demystify job candidates even more effectively.
- Recruiterbox – Manage job applications to your company.
- BetterWorks – Employee recognition and rewards program.
- Jobvite – Recruiting software and applicant tracking system.
- Simplicant – Build great teams with social recruiting.
- BraveNewTalent – Create a free community to engage with talented people.
- TribeHR – Applicant tracking system.
- The Resumator – Recruiting software and applicant tracking system.
- JobScore – Easily track applicants. Simplify your hiring.
- HireArt – Screen and source job candidates through work samples and video interviews.
- TalentCircles – Candidate engagement platform.
- Zartis – Social recruiting software.
Miscellaneous / Other
- Work Awesome – Work better, live better. Be more productive at work.
- ViewHire – Turn the interview process on it’s head and hire your next boss.
- Coffee & Power – The app for work like no other.